Definition of autobiographical in English:
(Of a written work) dealing with the writer’s own life: an autobiographical account the book is partly autobiographical
More example sentences
- Much of his work is autobiographical but he says this is his most personal project yet.
- There's a lot of people writing very autobiographical songs and I feel I encouraged people to go in that direction.
- He also wrote an autobiographical novel in the cruel and sentimental manner: characters as puppets on a string.
- Example sentences
- In the course of her academic career, she has written a few autobiographic pieces about her own struggle for equality.
- Both of these images are autobiographic portraiture.
- This later work reflects a literary shift, a turn to more personal, autobiographic poetry.
Definition of autobiographical in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia