Definition of autobiography in English:
noun (plural autobiographies)
1An account of a person’s life written by that person: he gives a vivid description of his childhood in his autobiography
More example sentences
- Women are also less likely to have had the self-confidence to write diaries and autobiographies.
- But, there are far more poorly written biographies and autobiographies by generals than there are good ones.
- I was 14 when my English teacher set us the task of writing our autobiographies and, wishing to be as precise as possible, I asked my mother for my birth certificate.
- Example sentences
- Like many autobiographers, her honesty leans towards self-indulgence in her refusal to attempt to give the reader anything more than a blandly introspective narrative.
- He was diffident about his achievements, in contrast to the self-aggrandisement common to autobiographers.
- Famous in his lifetime as a journalist, literary editor, autobiographer and short story writer, he is now out of print and increasingly forgotten.