Definition of autobiography in English:
noun (plural autobiographies)
1An account of a person’s life written by that person: he gives a vivid description of his childhood in his autobiography
More example sentences
- Women are also less likely to have had the self-confidence to write diaries and autobiographies.
- But, there are far more poorly written biographies and autobiographies by generals than there are good ones.
- I was 14 when my English teacher set us the task of writing our autobiographies and, wishing to be as precise as possible, I asked my mother for my birth certificate.
- Example sentences
- Like many autobiographers, her honesty leans towards self-indulgence in her refusal to attempt to give the reader anything more than a blandly introspective narrative.
- He was diffident about his achievements, in contrast to the self-aggrandisement common to autobiographers.
- Famous in his lifetime as a journalist, literary editor, autobiographer and short story writer, he is now out of print and increasingly forgotten.
Words that rhyme with autobiographybibliography, biography, cardiography, cartography, chirography, choreography, chromatography, cinematography, cosmography, cryptography, demography, discography, filmography, geography, hagiography, historiography, hydrography, iconography, lexicography, lithography, oceanography, orthography, palaeography (US paleography), photography, radiography, reprography, stenography, topography, typography
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.