- A software function that gives users the option of completing words or forms by a shorthand method on the basis of what has been typed before.More example sentences
- This week, there were red faces at the credit card division, after someone pointed out that customers were able to use an autocomplete option for their password.
- A lot of web developers not only turn off autocomplete for credit card input, but they disable autocomplete on many logins.
- I started off entering each individually, but quite a few had been caught by that infuriating invasion of privacy: autocomplete.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Complete (a word or form) with autocomplete.More example sentences
- Your incoming and outgoing mail account details should have autocompleted a couple of stages earlier.
- Set the key you want to use when an autocompleted word is suggested to you and you want to accept it.
- In my case the fields were autocompleted only after publishing an article without a title.
- More example sentences
- You can globally specify the folders used for autocompletion if you want.
- But the idea of using dynamically recalculated probabilistic autocompletion, based on an adaptable language model, is a terrific one.
- It also supports automatic spell-checking and formatting, and its autocompletion feature appears to have a bigger vocabulary than the other version.
More definitions of autocompleteDefinition of autocomplete in:
- The British & World English dictionary