A software function that gives users the option of completing words or forms by a shorthand method on the basis of what has been typed before.
- This week, there were red faces at the credit card division, after someone pointed out that customers were able to use an autocomplete option for their password.
- A lot of web developers not only turn off autocomplete for credit card input, but they disable autocomplete on many logins.
- I started off entering each individually, but quite a few had been caught by that infuriating invasion of privacy: autocomplete.
Complete (a word or form) with autocomplete.
- Your incoming and outgoing mail account details should have autocompleted a couple of stages earlier.
- Set the key you want to use when an autocompleted word is suggested to you and you want to accept it.
- In my case the fields were autocompleted only after publishing an article without a title.
- Example sentences
- You can globally specify the folders used for autocompletion if you want.
- But the idea of using dynamically recalculated probabilistic autocompletion, based on an adaptable language model, is a terrific one.
- It also supports automatic spell-checking and formatting, and its autocompletion feature appears to have a bigger vocabulary than the other version.
Words that rhyme with autocompleteaccrete, beet, bittersweet, bleat, cheat, cleat, clubfeet, compete, compleat, complete, conceit, Crete, deceit, delete, deplete, discreet, discrete, eat, effete, élite, entreat, escheat, estreat, excrete, feat, feet, fleet, gîte, greet, heat, leat, leet, Magritte, maltreat, marguerite, meat, meet, meet-and-greet, mesquite, mete, mistreat, neat, outcompete, peat, Pete, petite, pleat, receipt, replete, sangeet, seat, secrete, sheet, skeet, sleet, splay-feet, street, suite, sweet, teat, treat, tweet, wheat
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of autocomplete in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.