Pronunciation: /ˈôtōkəˌrekt /
- A software function that automatically makes or suggests corrections for mistakes in spelling or grammar made while typing: disable autocorrect so you can see your mistakes and find your weak spotsMore example sentences
- It introduced the world to capacitive touchscreens and virtual keyboards and autocorrect and a real mobile web browser.
- Even after two days, with the keyboard's great layout and perfect size, I was leaning just as hard on the autocorrect on the Storm as I ever did on the iPhone.
- I try to type "geocentric" and discover that I have typed "egocentric"; is Autocorrect making a sort of cosmic joke?
Pronunciation: /ˌôtōkəˈrekt /[with object] Back to top
- (Of a software function) automatically correct (mistakes in spelling or grammar): people rely on machines and phones to autocorrect spellingsMore example sentences
- It has the standard support for expanding small text snippets into full phrases, but also supports variables, autocorrects spelling, emulates key presses, and much more.
- My iPhone keeps autocorrecting when I don't want it to.
- Another issue to watch is terms that Google autocorrects.
More definitions of autocorrectDefinition of autocorrect in:
- The British & World English dictionary