Definition of autoexposure in English:
1A device that sets the exposure automatically on a camera or other piece of equipment.
- Some auto-exposure cameras make this compensation automatically; on others you have to do it manually.
- See, I bought my current camera back in 1993 or so, and although it's a decent camera, I'm not happy with its auto-exposures.
1.1The facility to set exposure automatically.
- Photographs were taken using a camera with auto-exposure facility.
- Getting correct exposure with most simple auto-exposure cameras is easy: press the shutter button and the camera does the rest.
- There's no autofocus, no auto-exposure, no auto-film-winding, no auto-nothing.
Definition of autoexposure in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan