Definition of autogenous in English:
1Arising from within or from a thing itself.
- Most clinical reports within the past 30 years state that autogenous vein is the grafting material of choice in traumatic wounds.
- Because autogenous vaccines frequently contain high levels of endotoxin and other by-products found in the culture, they should be used with caution.
- Many autogenous (or materials that come from the patient) can be utilized.
1.1(Of welding) done either without solder or with a filler of the same metal as the pieces being welded.
- Platz had been hired as a specialist in autogenous welding, which was quite a new technique at the time; because of his good technical insight.
Words that rhyme with autogenousandrogynous, endogenous, erogenous, exogenous, homogenous, hydrogenous, misogynous
Definition of autogenous in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.