Definition of autoimmune in English:
Of or relating to disease caused by antibodies or lymphocytes produced against substances naturally present in the body: the infection triggers an autoimmune response
More example sentences
- It can occur by itself or with other, common autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis and lupus.
- In autoimmune diseases, antibodies attack the body itself.
- It is associated with autoimmune illnesses, including rheumatoid arthritis.
- Example sentences
- There is no vaccine, and none is likely because the role of autoimmunity in pathogenesis is under dispute.
- There are perhaps up to 100 diseases where autoimmunity is involved in one way or other, including diabetes, multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- The importance of innate immune mechanisms in controlling viral infections, cancer and autoimmunity is currently an area of intense research.
Definition of autoimmune in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan