- The equinox in autumn, on about September 22 in the northern hemisphere and March 20 in the southern hemisphere.More example sentences
- Sunlight is continuous throughout the summer, but after the solstice the sun slowly sinks to the horizon until it drops below on the autumn equinox.
- The autumn equinox was 22nd September but I'll be celebrating it with friends and family today.
- Make a portrait of the north woods in upper Minnesota over the ninety days between the autumn equinox and winter solstice.
More definitions of autumnal equinoxDefinition of autumnal equinox in:
- The British & World English dictionary