- I was a radio deejay for a time, so I have a strong aversion to anybody tampering with my visions of a real artist.
- She liked him, which is extremely important given her strong aversion to doctors.
- The U.S. government has a strong aversion to any commitments it does not think it will keep.
- The disciplined worker, he indicated, ‘was entitled to his own pet aversions.’
- One of my pet aversions is sitting cooped up in an aircraft in a not too spacious or comfortable seat and being pummeled.
- This led to their conclusion that odors associated with toxicity, like warning colors, can have a special intrinsic warning value and trigger innate aversions.
- Example sentences
- Through our strong aversive reactions to substances such as feces, decaying meat, corpses, and other bodily waste, we police the boundaries of our body from contamination every day.
- Negative reinforcement involves the removal of an aversive stimulus that also results in an increase in the future frequency of a behavior, and often involves escape or avoidance responding.
- He understands what really are the reinforcers and aversive stimuli in the everyday lives of everyday people, like you and me and him and Skinner and Abraham Lincoln and George Washington.
Late 16th century (originally denoting the action of turning away or averting one's eyes): from Latin aversio(n-), from avertere 'turn away from' (see avert).
Words that rhyme with aversionanimadversion, aspersion, assertion, bioconversion, Cistercian, coercion, conversion, desertion, disconcertion, dispersion, diversion, emersion, excursion, exertion, extroversion, immersion, incursion, insertion, interspersion, introversion, Persian, perversion, submersion, subversion, tertian, version
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.