- Of or relating to birds: avian tuberculosisMore example sentences
- The unguarded chicks and eggs are easy prey for gulls and other avian predators.
- Detailed information on spacing behavior of avian nest predators is lacking for my study plots.
- We suspect that many losses after emergence were due to avian predators.
nounBack to top
- A bird.More example sentences
- In describing warblers, as I do so lovingly, one can draw upon words like avifauna, avians, birds, songbirds, beautiful birds, and, of course, warblers.
- UK ornithologists are able to keep track of these aged avians because the birds are banded, or in British vernacular, ringed.
- While we've encountered quite a few bird bloggers on the web, avians aren't the only critters being blogged about.
late 19th century: from Latin avis 'bird' + -an.
More definitions of avianDefinition of avian in:
- The British & World English dictionary