Definition of avian in English:
Of or relating to birds: avian tuberculosis
More example sentences
- The unguarded chicks and eggs are easy prey for gulls and other avian predators.
- Detailed information on spacing behavior of avian nest predators is lacking for my study plots.
- We suspect that many losses after emergence were due to avian predators.
nounBack to top
- In describing warblers, as I do so lovingly, one can draw upon words like avifauna, avians, birds, songbirds, beautiful birds, and, of course, warblers.
- UK ornithologists are able to keep track of these aged avians because the birds are banded, or in British vernacular, ringed.
- While we've encountered quite a few bird bloggers on the web, avians aren't the only critters being blogged about.
Definition of avian in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan