Definition of avian in English:
Of or relating to birds: avian tuberculosis
More example sentences
- The unguarded chicks and eggs are easy prey for gulls and other avian predators.
- Detailed information on spacing behavior of avian nest predators is lacking for my study plots.
- We suspect that many losses after emergence were due to avian predators.
nounBack to top
- In describing warblers, as I do so lovingly, one can draw upon words like avifauna, avians, birds, songbirds, beautiful birds, and, of course, warblers.
- UK ornithologists are able to keep track of these aged avians because the birds are banded, or in British vernacular, ringed.
- While we've encountered quite a few bird bloggers on the web, avians aren't the only critters being blogged about.
Words that rhyme with avianBatavian, Flavian, Moldavian, Moravian, Octavian, Scandinavian, Shavian
Definition of avian in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.