Definition of aviator in English:
1chiefly dated A pilot.
- The Air Force currently suffers from a critical shortage of aviators for manned aircraft.
- Nevertheless, the first Cirus Design entry continues to make friends among new pilots and old aviators alike.
- The first enlisted aviators were trained by pilots who learned from the Wright brothers.
2 (aviators) A pair of aviator glasses: I wear aviators, but it’s purely because they are practical sunglasses as opposed to being fashion accessories
More example sentences
- However, the optimist in me says there's nothing that can happen that can't be remedied with a large hat and cover-all-sins Aviators.
- Give me a man in a suit and aviators over a shirtless male model with bulging biceps any day!
- Men's styles are trending toward Top Gun -esque aviators and sporty wraparound frames.
Words that rhyme with aviatorgamester • tailgater
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.