Definition of aviator in English:
1chiefly dated A pilot.
- The Air Force currently suffers from a critical shortage of aviators for manned aircraft.
- Nevertheless, the first Cirus Design entry continues to make friends among new pilots and old aviators alike.
- The first enlisted aviators were trained by pilots who learned from the Wright brothers.
2 (aviators) A pair of aviator glasses: I wear aviators, but it’s purely because they are practical sunglasses as opposed to being fashion accessories
More example sentences
- However, the optimist in me says there's nothing that can happen that can't be remedied with a large hat and cover-all-sins Aviators.
- Give me a man in a suit and aviators over a shirtless male model with bulging biceps any day!
- Men's styles are trending toward Top Gun -esque aviators and sporty wraparound frames.
Words that rhyme with aviatorgamester • tailgater
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan