1chiefly dated A pilot.
- The Air Force currently suffers from a critical shortage of aviators for manned aircraft.
- Nevertheless, the first Cirus Design entry continues to make friends among new pilots and old aviators alike.
- The first enlisted aviators were trained by pilots who learned from the Wright brothers.
2 (aviators) A pair of aviator glasses: I wear aviators, but it’s purely because they are practical sunglasses as opposed to being fashion accessories
More example sentences
- The most stylish sunglasses this season are military chic aviators, but wrap-arounds and 50s style shades are cool too.
- Get in the shade with the best shields, wraparounds, aviators, and rimless frames, and all eyes will be on you.
- For something more subtle and different from the classic plastic frames, there are these Toreadior aviators with swarovski crystals on the side.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.