Definition of aviator in English:
1chiefly dated A pilot.
- The Air Force currently suffers from a critical shortage of aviators for manned aircraft.
- Nevertheless, the first Cirus Design entry continues to make friends among new pilots and old aviators alike.
- The first enlisted aviators were trained by pilots who learned from the Wright brothers.
2 (aviators) A pair of aviator glasses: I wear aviators, but it’s purely because they are practical sunglasses as opposed to being fashion accessories
More example sentences
- The most stylish sunglasses this season are military chic aviators, but wrap-arounds and 50s style shades are cool too.
- Get in the shade with the best shields, wraparounds, aviators, and rimless frames, and all eyes will be on you.
- For something more subtle and different from the classic plastic frames, there are these Toreadior aviators with swarovski crystals on the side.
Words that rhyme with aviatorgamester • tailgater
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.