Definition of avionics in English:
plural noun[usually treated as singular]
1Electronics as applied to aviation.
- She received her bachelor of engineering degree in aerospace avionics from Queensland University of Technology in Brisbane, Australia, and has also worked in Australia and the United Kingdom.
- That means knowing the airplane's sophisticated systems - hydraulics, avionics, communications, navigation and electrical.
- Students study subjects such as aerodynamics, aircraft electrical systems and avionics.
1.1Electronic equipment fitted in an aircraft.
- They propose modifying the avionics in aircraft so that the plane would fight any efforts by the pilot to fly into restricted airspace.
- The GE-Honeywell deal would result in an aerospace behemoth that offers airline customers jet engines, avionics, and financing in one bundle.
- If your airplane needs complete cosmetic refurbishment, new avionics and a new engine, chances are, you'll pass that point if you go ahead with the upgrade.
Definition of avionics in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia