Able to be avoided or prevented: the accident was entirely avoidable avoidable costs
More example sentences
- This is driving a panic not to give anyone any reason to be able to point a finger of blame that the government didn't prevent an avoidable atrocity.
- Firefighters are now warning people to keep combustible materials away from buildings to prevent avoidable damage.
- If most Israelis consider a confrontation unnecessary or avoidable, they will simply refuse to fight.
- Example sentences
- Every child's life that is lost, mostly avoidably, is a tragedy.
- Had there all along been a free press, we might have learned that the private sector has avoidably consigned to catastrophic injury or death more workers than the public sector around the world has in its wars.
- Other aggravating features include driving while the driver's attention was avoidably distracted - such as by reading or by the use of a mobile phone.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.