1Having knowledge or perception of a situation or fact: most people are aware of the dangers of sunbathing I am well aware of the problem [with clause]: he was aware that a problem existed as far as I’m aware, no one has complained
More example sentences
- We are all aware of the situation where power is higher on a fence wire on a dry day than on a wet day.
- In fact, we are so painfully aware of the issues that we can spend hours talking about them.
- We are aware of the situation and we are seeking to gather information and evidence.
conscious of, mindful of, informed about, acquainted with, familiar with, alive to, alert to
informal clued in to, wise to, in the know about, hip to
formal cognizant of
archaic ware of
knowledgeable, enlightened, well informed, au fait
informal clued in, tuned in, plugged in
1.1 [with adverbial] Concerned and well-informed about a particular situation or development: unless everyone becomes more environmentally aware, catastrophe is inevitable a politically aware electorate
More example sentences
- This time round he seems far more politically aware, and I am a big fan of his, sad but true!
- Steve's very tactically aware of players and situations as you can see in his teams.
- The key to planning such an environmentally aware meeting or event is to set environmental priorities early in event planning.
Words that rhyme with awareaffair, affaire, air, Altair, Althusser, Anvers, Apollinaire, Astaire, Ayer, Ayr, bare, bear, bêche-de-mer, beware, billionaire, Blair, blare, Bonaire, cafetière, care, chair, chargé d'affaires, chemin de fer, Cher, Clair, Claire, Clare, commissionaire, compare, concessionaire, cordon sanitaire, couvert, Daguerre, dare, debonair, declare, derrière, despair, doctrinaire, éclair, e'er, elsewhere, ensnare, ere, extraordinaire, Eyre, fair, fare, fayre, Finisterre, flair, flare, Folies-Bergère, forbear, forswear, foursquare, glair, glare, hair, hare, heir, Herr, impair, jardinière, Khmer, Kildare, La Bruyère, lair, laissez-faire, legionnaire, luminaire, mal de mer, mare, mayor, meunière, mid-air, millionaire, misère, Mon-Khmer, multimillionaire, ne'er, Niger, nom de guerre, outstare, outwear, pair, pare, parterre, pear, père, pied-à-terre, Pierre, plein-air, prayer, questionnaire, rare, ready-to-wear, rivière, Rosslare, Santander, savoir faire, scare, secretaire, share, snare, solitaire, Soufrière, spare, square, stair, stare, surface-to-air, swear, Tailleferre, tare, tear, their, there, they're, vin ordinaire, Voltaire, ware, wear, Weston-super-Mare, where, yeah
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.