Definition of axman in English:
noun (plural axmen)
1A person who works with an ax: he was like an axman at work in a tangled thicket
More example sentences
- It's that scene in The Shining when Shelley Duvall stumbles across Jack Nicholson's literary labours, just before he turns into the mad axeman.
- So there's the famous case of the mad axeman who breaks into your house and is threatening you and is asking where your children are hiding, do you tell the truth?
- I admire his bravery - I'd be worried about a mad axeman husband turning up on my door if I got up to all that.
2 informal A rock or jazz guitarist.
- Andy's performance was especially impressive, as the diminutive axeman shifted from chunky rockers to white-soul wah-wahs with effortless dexterity.
- Ever wondered what happened to the arch axeman of the defunct Ultrasound?
- He opens with a gorgeous study for prepared guitar, but the bulk of the record is given over to duets with fellow axemen.
Definition of axman in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan