A small tree related to the hawthorn, cultivated in southern Europe for its small yellow or reddish fruit.
- Crataegus azarolus, family Rosaceae
More example sentences
- The name ‘Naples medlar’ has been used for the azarole.
- The azarole has long been cultivated for its edible fruit in S. Europe.
- The species with the best fruit is the azarole, C. azarolus (sometimes called Naples medlar but no relation to the ordinary medlar).
Definition of azarole in:
- The British & World English dictionary