- former name for the drug zidovudine.More example sentences
- Several analogs are used to interfere with the replication of HIV, such as AZT (azidothymidine) and ddI (dideoxyinosine).
- Although the sulfated maitake fraction resembled the anti-HIV potency of AZT (zidovudine, formerly azidothymidine), it was not considered a promising treatment because of potential cellular toxicity in vivo.
- In general, reasonably high molecular weight azides are OK to handle (e.g., the early anti-HIV drug azidothymidine).
More definitions of azidothymidineDefinition of azidothymidine in:
- The British & World English dictionary