1The direction of a celestial object from the observer, expressed as the angular distance from the north or south point of the horizon to the point at which a vertical circle passing through the object intersects the horizon.
- However, the clusters involved neighboring tree crowns that were progressively shorter in height in directions opposite the solar azimuth.
- The distance r is independent of the distant galaxy's azimuth around the axis of displacement.
- The relative aspect is defined as the subject's aspect minus the solar azimuth.
1.1The horizontal angle or direction of a compass bearing.
- This CEALETI-patented technology produces poles on each head with alignment and integrated azimuth angle.
- As each shot was made - with the same camera, lens, and film type - I also noted the date and time and used a compass to find the direction in azimuth that the camera was pointing at the time the photo was taken.
- Nest orientation was then recorded, relative to magnetic north, as the azimuth bisecting the nest opening.
- Example sentences
- Did you ever stop to consider the interesting problem of shaping the depth of the bath along a radius to allow azimuthal propagating modes?
- In theory, an analysis of flow direction can provide unique azimuthal directions.
- These results indicate that in the force range 0-20 pN, the changes in azimuthal orientations of the DNA segments are roughly comparable to those for the polar angles.
Definition of azimuth in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.