- A map projection in which a region of the earth is projected onto a plane tangential to the surface, typically at a pole or the equator.More example sentences
- On the third floor of the Paris Observatory Cassini had laid out a planisphere, a map of the World using an azimuthal projection with the North Pole at the centre.
- For the azimuthal projections, you can rotate the projection plane by defining the vertical meridian.
- Many conical projections can be seen as azimuthal projections which have been split and partially unwound.
More definitions of azimuthal projectionDefinition of azimuthal projection in:
- The British & World English dictionary