- A cyclic organic compound having a ring including one or (typically) more nitrogen atoms.More example sentences
- These compounds can be prepared from reduction of nitro compounds, by the action of nitric acid on amines, from compounds containing the carbonyl group (azines), and from the salts of hydrazoic acid (azide).
- More intriguing is a theoretical paper analyzing medium-dependent photoisomerization of benzaldehyde azine.
- NMR spectroscopy is an excellent tool to probe the degree of conjugation through the azine bridge.
More definitions of azineDefinition of azine in:
- The British & World English dictionary