Definition of azobenzene in English:
A synthetic crystalline organic compound used chiefly in dye manufacture.
- Chemical formula: (C6H5)N=N(C6H5)
- Similar picosecond time constants and spectral signatures have been observed for the cooling of a number of dye molecules including azobenzene.
- Ampb peptides are a new class of molecules where the photoisomerizable dye azobenzene is linked to the peptide moiety via a flexible methylene spacer.
- The majority of quantitative reports have involved azobenzene, styryl or thioindigo structures, which undergo a cis-trans isomerization when photolyzed.
Definition of azobenzene in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan