- A blue mineral consisting of copper hydroxyl carbonate. It occurs as blue prisms or crystal masses, often with malachite.More example sentences
- The result can be some of our most spectacular minerals, including azurite, malachite, smithsonite, wulfenite, pyromorphite, and mimetite.
- These contain veins of supergene copper minerals, mostly azurite and malachite.
- Many of the world's finest specimens of native copper, azurite, malachite, atacamite, and a host of other minerals originated in this manner.
More definitions of azuriteDefinition of azurite in:
- The British & World English dictionary