Definition of babbler in English:
1A person who babbles.
- Not only are human rights (as decided by the legal babblers) to be elevated over all other political principles, but also they can be collective, and in their assertion actually extinguish individual human rights.
- Yes, this is all just history, and therefore of no interest to the chauvinistic babblers who dominate the national dialogue on US airwaves.
- It is this sort of people and not rootless metropolitan babblers who value and indeed venerate the Queen.
2A thrushlike Old World songbird with a long tail, short rounded wings, and typically a loud discordant or musical voice.
- I stray from the purpose of our trip: birds, which were no less alluring than all the scenes mentioned above, with names such as coucals, laughingthrushes, babblers, and junglefowl.
- The clearing of undergrowth for trek paths and human interference had badly affected the thrushes, babblers, warblers and bulbuls in this region.
- Morphologically, babblers differ from thrushes and flycatchers by the lack of distinct juvenal plumage.
Words that rhyme with babblerdabbler, parabola
Definition of babbler in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.