Definition of baby blue in English:
1A pale shade of blue.
- Next she had on a light pink top, which matched her baby-blue skirt, her top was a tube top with a very, very low-dipping neckline.
- He wore baby-blue patent-leather shoes and had speckles of gray in his five-o'clock shadow.
- Auguste also has a black-and-white shirt and a ‘full baby-blue suit,’ which he said he would wear to the other graduation parties.
1.1 (baby blues) informal Blue eyes.
- He pulled the hair out of my eyes and looked at me with those confused baby blues.
- Or perhaps it was just Ewan's baby blues melting me into my seat.
- And he's staring full on, straight at the camera with those Travolta baby blues.
1.2 (baby blues) Depression affecting a woman after giving birth; postnatal depression.
- She opens up to tell us about her baby blues.
- Sophie said she experienced post-partum depression syndrome, or the baby blues, during the first months after the birth of her boy Rangga.
- What we don't realize is that we've got post-partum - we've got the baby blues - excuse me - on one end of the spectrum.
Definition of baby blue in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.