Definition of baby blue in English:
1A pale shade of blue.
- Next she had on a light pink top, which matched her baby-blue skirt, her top was a tube top with a very, very low-dipping neckline.
- He wore baby-blue patent-leather shoes and had speckles of gray in his five-o'clock shadow.
- Auguste also has a black-and-white shirt and a ‘full baby-blue suit,’ which he said he would wear to the other graduation parties.
1.2 (baby blues) Depression affecting a woman after giving birth; postnatal depression.
- She opens up to tell us about her baby blues.
- Sophie said she experienced post-partum depression syndrome, or the baby blues, during the first months after the birth of her boy Rangga.
- What we don't realize is that we've got post-partum - we've got the baby blues - excuse me - on one end of the spectrum.
Definition of baby blue in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan