- Codfish, often dried or salted, as used in Spanish and Latin American cooking.More example sentences
- He is back, this time dishing up rustic Italian - bucatini, bacalao, a lemony roast chicken - at the casually hip West Village bistro.
- Salt cod, or bacalao, is a speciality across Spain, and reflects earlier times without refrigeration.
- At Christmas people eat romeritos, a plant served with sauce and potatoes; bacalao, dried codfish cooked and served in a sauce of tomatoes, olives, and onions; and all sorts of stuffed turkey.
More definitions of bacalaoDefinition of bacalao in:
- The British & World English dictionary