- An antibiotic typically used topically for skin and eye infections.
More example sentences
- The drug is obtained from the bacterium Bacillus subtilis
- If the area of affected skin is limited, mupirocin is an effective topical therapy; it was more effective than the other topical antibiotics studied (i.e., neomycin, bacitracin, polymyxin B, and gentamicin).
- Results of randomized studies assessing the efficacy of triple antibiotic ointment (e.g., polymyxin, bacitracin and neomycin) are indeterminate.
- For the main shelter, my first aid kit includes polymyxin B / neomycin / bacitracin, diphenhydramine for allergic reactions, and 100 percent pure tea tree oil.