- The mutual providing of favors or services, especially when the legitimacy of such dealings is doubtful: the friendship thrives on little more than mutual backscratchingMore example sentences
- As a comprehensive report on media lobbying by the Center for Public Integrity demonstrates, when it comes to mutual backscratching, the primates in the National Zoo have nothing over the networks and Congress.
- All in all, it makes me wonder what the organization is getting in return from their government backscratching - other than the short end of the stick.
- I hope, however, that they are equally keen on maintaining the age-old tradition of literary backscratching.
More definitions of backscratchingDefinition of backscratching in:
- The British & World English dictionary