- Computing A backward-sloping diagonal line (\), used to separate file and folder names in some path statements.More example sentences
- You can type the command as one long line without the backslashes or use them to break up a long pipeline into multiple lines on the screen.
- The backslashes in the above command are there because I couldn't fit the entire command on one line.
- Note the backslashes for lines that were too long to fit in this example.
More definitions of backslashDefinition of backslash in:
- The British & World English dictionary