- Sewing with overlapping stitches.More example sentences
- Mattress stitch instead of backstitch means that I can see what I'm doing as I'm attaching.
- For hand appliqué, outline the flowers and leaves with three strands of embroidery floss using a backstitch, running stitch or stem stitch.
- A blind-hem catchstitch is an excellent choice if sewing by hand - each stitch is a backstitch, adding flexibility to the hem.
verbBack to top
- Sew using backstitches: [with object]: you can simply backstitch the edges [no object]: this method avoids having to backstitch through open loopsMore example sentences
- The featured garment has groups of five rows of topstitching (backstitched at the beginning and end), spaced 5'' apart along the pintucked length.
- Topstitch 1/8'' in from the side edges, backstitching at the pocket corners.
- As an alternative to backstitching, begin the stitching right at the dots and leave thread tails to tie off; overlap the stitching where it meets at the center back.
More definitions of backstitchDefinition of backstitch in:
- The British & World English dictionary