Definition of bacterize in English:
Treat with bacteria.
- Cells were grown at 27° or 18°, as indicated, in grass infusion, bacterized with Klebsiella pneumoniae the day before use, and supplemented with 0.4 g/ml ß-sitosterol.
- We added 1 ml of ion-supplemented bacterized culture medium to each well of a set of screening plates numbered to match those containing the mutant cell clones.
- There was 14-70% increase in the number of tillers in the bacterized plants compared to the non-bacterized control.
- Example sentences
- Seed bacterization with Bacillus subtilis AF 1 enhances seedling emergence and nodulation in pigeon pea.
- They test candidate bacterial isolates for control of take-all by seed bacterization at Mt. Vernon, taking advantage of this situation.
- In particular, if it is a separation selection strain from rhizoplane and root inside, the effect will be increased by making it established to a root at early time, such as bacterization and medium treatment.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.