Definition of bagworm in English:
A drab moth, the caterpillar and flightless female of which live in a portable protective case constructed out of plant debris.
- Family Psychidae: many genera
- We are all guilty of spraying an entire juniper hedge for bagworms when only three or four bags were seen which could have been easily picked off and crushed.
- I'm like a bagworm that's lost its bag, a snail without its shell.
- The cheapest method of controlling bagworms on small trees and ornamentals is to hand-pick the bags.
Definition of bagworm in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India