Relating to Bali or its people or language.
- The area was thickly colonized by bamboo groves, known in Balinese language as tihing; hence the origin of its current name, Tihingan.
- In 1980 he stayed in Ubud, Bali, with noted Balinese painter, Nyoman Lempad.
- Whatever the reason, every official and member of society must realize that Bali belongs to every Balinese person.
noun (plural same)
1A native of Bali.
- The throngs of visitors both native Balinese and foreign guests have come to witness a ritual that has not been performed in Bali in living memory.
- In general, the Balinese believe that psychic abilities are derived from divine sources, but they also believe that psychic functioning can be developed from meditative practices.
- Ascher explains how visualizing their calendar as a tika enables the Balinese to solve, in their heads, complicated questions about the occurrence of specific calendar days.
2The Indonesian language of Bali.
- The interview has been translated from Balinese.
- I can speak basic conversational Indonesian and I'm starting to learn Balinese.
- I told one guy Id like to learn Balinese and he told me it would be necessary to live in the village but not to worry because it is easy.
From Bali, on the pattern of Dutch Balinees.
Words that rhyme with BalineseAchinese, Ambonese, appease, Assamese, Belize, Beninese, Bernese, bêtise, Bhutanese, breeze, Burmese, Cantonese, Castries, cerise, cheese, chemise, Chinese, Cingalese, Cleese, Congolese, Denise, Dodecanese, ease, éminence grise, expertise, Faroese, freeze, Fries, frieze, Gabonese, Genoese, Goanese, Guyanese, he's, Japanese, Javanese, jeez, journalese, Kanarese, Keys, Lebanese, lees, legalese, Louise, Macanese, Madurese, Maltese, marquise, Milanese, Nepalese, officialese, overseas, pease, Pekinese, Peloponnese, Piedmontese, please, Portuguese, Pyrenees, reprise, Rwandese, seise, seize, Senegalese, she's, Siamese, Sienese, Sikkimese, Sinhalese, sleaze, sneeze, squeeze, Stockton-on-Tees, Sudanese, Sundanese, Surinamese, Tabriz, Taiwanese, tease, Tees, telegraphese, these, Timorese, Togolese, trapeze, valise, Viennese, Vietnamese, vocalese, wheeze
Definition of Balinese in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.