Definition of ballerina in English:
1A female ballet dancer.
- Ballet dancers, little ballerinas, women in intimate situations and horse races are the subjects that are immediately associated with him.
- I feel very proud of being a ballerina of this great ballet company.
- I began watching the company in the fifties, when a quintet of highly individual ballerinas reigned over the female roster.
2 [usually as modifier] A ballet shoe: wear ballerina pumps with a pretty day dress for a perfect spring/summer look New Yorkers walk a lot, so ballerinas make sense
More example sentences
- She shows me weekend bags, handbags and clutches, beach towels and sandals and ballerina flats.
- Bright shoes are only chic with a dressy evening ensemble, or in the form of ballerina slippers to be worn with country cottons, after-ski skirts, and trousers.
- We wore ballerina shoes and full black taffeta skirts, and short coats of such colours as robin's egg blue, cerise red, lime green.
Definition of ballerina in:
- British & World English dictionary