A ballet enthusiast.
- Talking of twists, balletomanes will smile at the the doting ‘Ballet Mother ‘that appears a few times.
- Balletomanes from all corners of the world testify to the prestige and popularity of this world-class event.
- Local balletomanes wondered, ‘Who is this Helgi Tomasson?’
- Example sentences
- Mania, not just balletomania, reigned, with visits by companies from the Bolshoi to the Royal through the 70's.
- Washington is a town where balletomania is more diluted than in other national capitals like Paris, London, Moscow and Copenhagen.
- She introduced ballet to remote crevices of the world and inspired balletomania thousands of miles from her native Russia.
1920s: from ballet + Greek manēs 'mad'.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of balletomane in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.