Definition of ballhawk in English:
nounNorth American informal
A skilled ball player, in particular a football or basketball player adept at stealing or intercepting the ball or an outfielder in baseball skilled at catching fly balls.
- He such an instinctive player, a ballhawk in that sense.
- Both are ballhawks that study more film than most other defensive players.
- Now Green is a ballhawk who ranks among the better strong safeties as a pass defender.
- Example sentences
- The team desperately needs defensive playmakers and would love to find a ballhawking cornerback.
- Now he has to take on a ballhawking Ravens defense.
- Defensively, they need a ballhawking safety, an interior pass rusher and more speed at linebacker.
Definition of ballhawk in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan