- A missile with a high, arching trajectory, that is initially powered and guided but falls under gravity onto its target. Compare with guided.More example sentences
- These include cruise missiles and ballistic missiles of longer ranges and greater accuracy.
- The Nazis also of course used cruise missiles and ballistic missiles long before anyone else.
- The basic idea is to combine OTH radar with ballistic missiles to target ships.
More definitions of ballistic missileDefinition of ballistic missile in:
- The British & World English dictionary