- A type of catheter incorporating a small balloon that may be introduced into a canal, duct, or blood vessel and then inflated in order to clear an obstruction or dilate a narrowed region.More example sentences
- In carotid angioplasty the stenosis is dilated by using a balloon catheter introduced percutaneously through the femoral artery.
- Balmes and colleagues also performed peripheral airway lavage using a modified balloon catheter to isolate specific airway segments.
- Cutting balloon angioplasty utilises a standard balloon catheter with three or four microblades (depth 0.18 mm, thickness 0.70-0.76 mm).
More definitions of balloon catheterDefinition of balloon catheter in:
- The British & World English dictionary