Definition of balmy in English:
adjective (balmier, balmiest)
1(Of the weather) pleasantly warm: the balmy days of late summer
More example sentences
- The weather was balmy with a pleasant temperature.
- Nevertheless, it was a delightful town, and on this particular day the weather was warm and balmy.
- Everything was tossed into further bloom and the weather was warm and balmy every day.
- Example sentences
- Its wealth was not built on Sunbelt balminess, agricultural bounty or manufacturing muscle.
- Over the years, one comes to measure a place, too, not just for the beauty it may give, the balminess of its breezes, the insouciance and relaxation it encourages, the sublime pleasures it offers, but for what it teaches.
- Entrées, though less spirited, offer the balminess that suffuses a seaside vacation.
Words that rhyme with balmyarmy, barmy, gourami, macramé, origami, palmy, pastrami, salami, smarmy, swami, tsunami, Yanomami
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan