Definition of balsam poplar in English:
A North American poplar tree that yields balsam.
- Populus balsamifera, family Salicaceae
- Other less-common tree species included black spruce, jack pine, and balsam poplar.
- White spruce forest also includes paper birch and balsam poplar.
- Forest canopy layer was dominated by trembling aspen and white spruce, but also contained some black spruce and balsam poplar.
Definition of balsam poplar in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.