- A young shoot of bamboo, eaten as a vegetable.More example sentences
- A single mushroom can sell for nearly $400; one peach, $25; a bamboo shoot, $38; two eggs, $12 and you can get square watermelons grown that way to make them easier to stack for $200.
- It takes only about 14 days for a bamboo shoot to turn into a tall tree.
- At lunch time, chefs from Anji will prepare a healthy bamboo shoot feast, where 100 dishes will be available to choose from.
More definitions of bamboo shootDefinition of bamboo shoot in:
- The British & World English dictionary