- A colorless liquid with a bananalike odor used in flavorings and as a solvent.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: CH3CO2C5H11
- She remembered having to fool her children by cooking parsnips, putting in drops of banana oil purchased at the chemists, sprinkling a few grains of sugar over the top and telling them it was bananas.
- In the early day, it was served with mild flavor of sugar and banana oil.
- The Dictionary of Misinformation cheerfully informs us that banana oil is not made from bananas; SOS is not an abbreviation for ‘Save Our Ship ‘(or ‘Save Our Souls ‘either); and Spanish moss really isn't moss at all.