- A large handkerchief, typically having a colorful pattern, worn tied around the head or neck.More example sentences
- You can tell the regulars: sinewy local men in white shirts with red bandannas at their throats, some wearing red sashes.
- For larger sachets, use cotton handkerchiefs or bandanas.
- Most of those gathered wore white robes and white bandannas marked with quotes from the Koran about the ‘Holy War.’
mid 18th century: probably via Portuguese from Hindi.
More definitions of bandannaDefinition of bandanna in:
- The British & World English dictionary