Definition of bandstand in English:
1A covered outdoor platform for a band to play on, typically in a park.
- I also remember this great soul band that used to play in a bandstand in the park on our holidays at Butlins at nearby Ayr.
- The collection includes views of City Square, well-kept parks and pristine bandstands, the Civic Hall, Boar Lane, and photographs from inside the infirmary.
- The bandstands in Cubbon Park and Lalbagh were built during the British regime and at that time, Western bands used to entertain people on Sunday evenings.
1.1A raised platform for performing musicians in a restaurant or dance hall.
- When the musicians returned to the bandstand, they played the song for me.
- Solo space is allotted in accordance with the success or failure of the improviser as adjudicated on the spot by both the musicians on the bandstand and the listeners in the audience.
- I, however, was walking toward the bandstand, where the musicians played.
Definition of bandstand in:
- British & World English dictionary