1An officer or owner of a bank or group of banks.
- They do it to bulge the bank accounts of bankers, company managers, and investors all over the world.
- The article discusses six Barclays bankers who managed to spend £44,000 on one meal.
- We have been acting as bankers and managers to public issues.
1.1The person running the table, controlling play, or acting as dealer in some gambling or board games.
- When you bet, you place the money on the table and the banker detaches an equal amount from the bank to match your bet.
- In Pai Gow Poker, do you ever recommend being the banker?
- To win at Pai Gow poker, you have to beat both of the banker's hands with both of your hands.
Words that rhyme with bankeranchor, Bianca, canker, Casablanca, Costa Blanca, flanker, franker, hanker, lingua franca, Lubyanka, rancour (US rancor), ranker, Salamanca, spanker, Sri Lanka, tanka, tanker, up-anchor
Entry from British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan