Definition of banksia in English:
An evergreen Australian shrub that typically has narrow, leathery leaves and spikes of bottlebrushlike flowers.
- Genus Banksia, family Proteaceae
- The pavilions will house plants from temperate regions of the southern hemisphere such as passion flowers, camellias, banksias, tea trees and wattles.
- Her last design, a tall stand, displayed large palm leaves and monstera leaves, with banksias, five red exotic lilies, stralitzias and bronze anthuriums.
- The Bangalow palm, the waratah, the fire-wheel flower, the banksia and the Sturt desert pea are all captured in this way.
Definition of banksia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.