1A weight in boxing and other sports intermediate between flyweight and featherweight. In boxing it ranges from 112 to 118 pounds (51 to 54 kg).
- So the Europeans tend to dominate the categories other than flyweight, featherweight and bantamweight.
- The provisional squad has light-flyweight Gabriel Kabwe, bantamweight Lovemore Tembo and featherweights Otis Bwalya, Jonathan Mwila, Victor Kaonga, Tendai Shumba and Abias Silupumbwe.
- But Ncita laughed off the Tanzanian's assertion saying his charge was the best fighter from the junior bantamweight to the junior featherweight divisions.
1.1A boxer or other competitor weighing from 112 to 118 pounds (51 to 54 kg).
- After the Games he turned pro and was later ranked eighth amongst the world's best bantamweights.
- He said the tournament had also attracted female pugilists, adding that the Copperbelt would contribute bantamweights Charity Mobola, Sally Mwape and Ireen Mwanagoma.
- With only six competitors in the class, the bantamweights were the smallest group any way you look at it.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of bantamweight in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.