Definition of bantamweight in English:
1A weight in boxing and other sports intermediate between flyweight and featherweight. In boxing it ranges from 112 to 118 pounds (51 to 54 kg).
- So the Europeans tend to dominate the categories other than flyweight, featherweight and bantamweight.
- The provisional squad has light-flyweight Gabriel Kabwe, bantamweight Lovemore Tembo and featherweights Otis Bwalya, Jonathan Mwila, Victor Kaonga, Tendai Shumba and Abias Silupumbwe.
- But Ncita laughed off the Tanzanian's assertion saying his charge was the best fighter from the junior bantamweight to the junior featherweight divisions.
1.1A boxer or other competitor weighing from 112 to 118 pounds (51 to 54 kg).
- After the Games he turned pro and was later ranked eighth amongst the world's best bantamweights.
- He said the tournament had also attracted female pugilists, adding that the Copperbelt would contribute bantamweights Charity Mobola, Sally Mwape and Ireen Mwanagoma.
- With only six competitors in the class, the bantamweights were the smallest group any way you look at it.
Words that rhyme with bantamweighthundredweight
Definition of bantamweight in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan