Definition of banteng in English:
A Southeast Asian forest ox that resembles the domestic cow. It has been domesticated in Bali.
- Bos javanicus, family Bovidae
- We understand today that in the Indochinese countries, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia, there are three species of wild cattle: the gaur, the banteng and the nearly extinct Kouprey.
- These species do not share other mutations, so taurine cattle, zebu, banteng, and gayal all occupy separate branches in the network.
- The banteng once roamed the forests in many parts of the Kingdom.
Early 19th century: from Malay.
Definition of banteng in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan