Definition of banteng in English:
A Southeast Asian forest ox that resembles the domestic cow. It has been domesticated in Bali.
- Bos javanicus, family Bovidae
- We understand today that in the Indochinese countries, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia, there are three species of wild cattle: the gaur, the banteng and the nearly extinct Kouprey.
- These species do not share other mutations, so taurine cattle, zebu, banteng, and gayal all occupy separate branches in the network.
- The banteng once roamed the forests in many parts of the Kingdom.
Early 19th century: from Malay.
Definition of banteng in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.