- A person who cuts hair, especially men’s, and shaves or trims beards as an occupation.More example sentences
- Three local men have volunteered to have their beards shaved by a female barber all the way from Seville.
- Once you get hooked on composting, you'll even start going after the local barber for hair, and even saving dryer lint!
- Come Monday he would have his hair cut and take a post-weekend shave at the in-house barbers.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Cut or trim (a man’s hair): his hair was neatly barberedMore example sentences
- She has 17 years barbering experience and is fully qualified in all aspects of the trade.
- James Rexroad Fast friends: At home in the Elite mansion, a newly barbered Sammy watches his housemates take a turn.
- It passed over the sleekly barbered lawns and slightly ruffled the neat rows of asters and cannas.
Middle English: via Anglo-Norman French from Old French barbe (see barb1).
More definitions of barberDefinition of barber in:
- The British & World English dictionary