Definition of bareboat in English:
Relating to or denoting a boat or ship hired without a crew: bareboat charters
More example sentences
- A fair number of crewed charter boats, both power and sail, are based in the marinas, but no bareboat firms were to be found when I visited a few months ago.
- Bruce Baker, of Richmond, VA, is a veteran bareboat sailboat charterer.
- But a better way to get the ‘feel’ of Europe is to do it yourself on a bareboat charter.
- bareboating noun
- Example sentences
- But the big charter firms are based on Raiatea - so if you're bareboating, Tahiti itself will probably not even be in your cruising itinerary.
- ‘Even though we're bareboating, we hire a mate to do the cooking,’ he reports.
- There is nothing more enjoyable and exhilarating than bareboating on a charter yacht.
Definition of bareboat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.