Definition of bariatrics in English:
plural noun[usually treated as singular]
The branch of medicine that deals with the study and treatment of obesity.
- I got a specialist physician in bariatrics, or obesity.
- Minimally invasive or endoscopic techniques are prevalent in all fields including bariatrics; neurosurgery; ear, nose, and throat surgery; and orthopedics.
- Our team includes a psychologist, dietician, exercise physiologist, nursing staff and surgeons, all specially trained in bariatrics.
- Example sentences
- By going through Park Nicollet, they have a whole bariatric department which includes their own dietician, psychologist, physical therapist, etc.
- The seminar was lead by Teri Barker-Conner, a nurse in the bariatric unit at Park Nicollet.
- Unfortunately, due to the demand for the bariatric service in recent months, the trust is temporarily not open to new referrals for elective surgery.
Definition of bariatrics in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan